Published with the blessing of His Eminence KYRILL, Archbishop of San Francisco and Western America.
- Paschal Epistle of His Eminence Kyrill Archbishop of San Francisco and Western America
Christ is Risen! Paschal Epistle of Archbishop Kyrill, 2014.
- Concert of Great Lenten Hymns in Burlingame
On Sunday March 16, 2014, in Burlingame, CA, at the Church of All Saints of Russia a concert of liturgical music took place, comprised of hymns from the Divine Services of Great Lent and Passion Week.
- The Sunday of Orthodoxy at the New Cathedral and the Anathema Service
On March 9, 2014, the First Sunday of Great Lent, the “Triumph of Orthodoxy with the Anathema Service” was performed in the New Cathedral of the Most Holy Theotokos “Joy of All Who Sorrow.”
- Schedule of the Rite of Unction for Great Lent, 2014
Schedule of the Rite of Unction performed throughout the Western American Diocese during Great Lent of 2014.
- A Novel “Raven Son” is Released
A 5th year seminarian of Holy Trinity Seminary in Jordanville, NY, Nicholas Kotar of San Francisco has written a new epic fantasy based on Russian fairy tales and myths entitled “Raven Son”.
- Lenten Pastoral Retreat of the Western American Diocese
The Lenten pastoral retreat of the Western American Diocese is scheduled from Monday the 17 to Wednesday the 19 of March, 2014, at the Old Holy Virgin Cathedral located at 864 Fulton Street in San Francisco.
- Wednesday Lenten Gatherings at St. Tikhon of Zadonsk Church
Lenten suppers and discussion groups are taking place at St Tikhon of Zadonsk Parish in San Francisco at 6:30 pm on Wednesday evenings during the Great Fast, to which members of any and all parishes are most heartily welcome.
- A Choral Recital of Sacred Music
A concert-choral recital of sacred music by the parish choir of the Church of All Russian Saints will take place at 744 El Camino Real, Burlingame, on Sunday, March 16, at 1 PM.
- The “Iveron Hawaiian” Myrrh-streaming Icon Visits Los Angeles
During the weekend of February 8-9, the Hawaiian Myrrh-Streaming Iveron Icon visited Southern California, brought by her guardian, Reader Nektary Yangston.
- Saint Herman’s West Youth Conference: The Role of Women in the Church
At the latest Saint Herman’s West Youth Conference held on the 22 to the 26 of December, 2013, at the Russian New Martyrs Church in Mulino, OR, Archimandrite Irenei (Steenberg) and Matushka Natalie Henderson gave a presentation on “The Role of Women in the Church.”
- Archbishop Kyrill Visits Mexico
His Eminence Archbishop Kyrill visited the Deanery of Mexico from January 17 to 20 of this year.
- The XIII All-Diaspora Youth Conference in San Francisco from June 27 to July 4
The XIII All-Diaspora Youth Conference of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia is being organized under the theme: “In the Footsteps of St. John.” This conference will be taking place during the All-Bishops Council and the Feast Day of Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco the Wonderworker.
- Metropolitan Hilarion Issues a Statement in Connection With the Continuing Turmoil in Ukraine
In light of the continued turmoil and unrest that have beset the Ukrainian land, the First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad, His Eminence Hilarion, Metropolitan of Eastern America and New York, released his statement on February 26, 2014.
- Statement from the Head of the House of Romanoff on the Recent Events in Ukraine
The recent tragic events in Ukraine have filled my heart with enormous grief and sorrow. It was not long ago, while visiting the ancient city of Kiev – the cradle of Slavic statehood – and the glorious and heroic Crimea, that I was filled with joy …
- Prayers for the Health of Protodeacon Nicholas Triantafillidis
Dear Fathers, Brothers and Sisters of the Western American Diocese and all readers of our website,
We request your heartfelt prayers for the health and recovery of Protodeacon Nicholas Triantafillidis, a pious and long-standing cleric of our diocesan cathedral. He has been visited by a dire illness. Please, support…
- Prayer Service “For The Increase of Love”
In relation to the political events that are now transpiring in the Ukraine, and with the blessing of His Eminence Archbishop Kyrill, on Sunday the 23 of February at 5 pm a moleben “For…
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill Appeals for Pacification in the Ukraine
His Eminence Archbishop Kyrill of San Francisco and Western America requests that the following Patriarchal Address be read in all of the monasteries and parishes of our diocese on Sunday February 23 of this year. At the Divine Liturgy special petitions should be included at the Augmented Litany, the prayer for pacification in the Ukraine ...
- Saints Cyril & Athanasius Institute is Offering a Symposium
The Sts. Cyril & Athanasius Institute is offering its third set of Symposia this month, in two different California locations: in San Francisco on the 15th and 16th, and in the Los Angeles area (Riverside) on the 22nd and the 23rd. The theme of each is the same – “Martyrdom in the Christian Life: Yesterday, ...
- Decree No 4E / 2014 of the Western American Diocese
His Eminence Archbishop Kyrill of San Francisco and Western America has issued Decree No 4/2014, in which it has been mandated that “An Office in Time of Drought” be performed at the end of the Divine Liturgy on February 2…
- A Letter from the Secretary of the Synod of Bishops to the Chairman of the Assembly of Canonical Bishops in North and Central America
January 29, 2014
On January 15 of this year the official website of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia published a Letter from the Secretary of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, His Eminence Archbishop Kyrill.