Published with the blessing of His Eminence KYRILL, Archbishop of San Francisco and Western America.
- Annual Celebration of the Memory of Holy Right-believing Prince Peter and Princess Febronia of Murom
On September 15, 2013, His Holiness Patriarch Kyril announced the establishment of a feast day dedicated to the sacred memory of Holy Right-believing Prince Peter and Princess Febronia of Murom to be held annually on the Sunday before ...
- Calistoga Orthodox Wines is Hosting its Third "Calistoga Wine Tasting Fundraiser"
Calistoga Orthodox Wines was founded by Priest Akim Provotakis, Rector of Saint Simeon of Verhostursk Church of the Western American Diocese in Calistoga, CA.
- 23rd Russian Orthodox Church Musicians’ Conference in Santa Rosa, CA, Announces Schedule
The 23rd Russian Orthodox Church Musicians’ Conference to be held from October 8 – 12, 2014, is announcing special rates and scheduled activities.
- Announcing an All-Diocesan Celebration-Pilgrimage
His Eminence Archbishop Kyrill has announced an All-Diocesan Celebration-Pilgrimage to Saint Seraphim of Sarov Church in Monterey, California, on Saturday the 4th of October, 2014.
- The Bay Area’s first International Russian Choral Music Festival
With the blessing of Archbishop Kirill, the Bay Area's first International Russian Choral Music Festival comes to San Francisco and Berkeley August 3-10, 2014. Four concerts offer a panorama of the exquisite Russian choral music tradition, including rare and new music that has almost never been performed outside Russia.
- The “Kursk-Root” Icon Visits Parishes of the Western American Diocese
The "Kursk-Root" Icon of the Most Holy Theotokos arrived in the Western American Diocese for the Council of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, which convened from the 23 to the 30 of June this year.
- Biographical Sketch of Archimandrite Nicholas (Olhovsky), Bishop-elect of Mahanttan
On June 16/29, during the celebrations surrounding the 20th anniversary of the glorification of St. John of San Francisco, a new bishop for Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia will be consecrated.
- The Opening of the Council of Bishops and News about Saint John’s Day
Today, the 24 of June, 2014, the opening of the Council of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia took place and sessions will continue through July 1.
- The Official Commemorative Medallion in Honor of Saint John
In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the Canonization of Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco the Wonderworker a commemorative medallion has been cast with an image of the Saint.
- His Holiness Patriarch Kirill Addresses the Fullness of the Russian Orthodox Church
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia addresses the Fullness of the Russian Orthodox Church.
- The Second Presentation of the Diocesan Journal “Spiritual Spring”
On May 24, 2014, at a meeting of the Russian American Women's League the second Presentation of Spiritual Spring, the official journal of the Western American Diocese, took place.
- Consecration of a New Church in the Western American Diocese
On Sunday, May 4th, the Great Consecration took place of the new temple of the parish of St. George in Salt Lake City, Utah. The consecration was presided by His Eminence, Archbishop Kyrill of San Francisco.
- Saint Martin Orthodox Church in Corvallis, Oregon, is Inviting Youth for Work and Recreation
A Youth Project sponsored by the Youth Department of the Western American Diocese at Saint Martin Orthodox Church in Corvallis, OR, is being held from Tuesday June 17 to Thursday June 19, 2014.
- Appeal for "Our Lady of Kazan" Church on the Russian River
For half a century the "Our Lady of Kazan Church," on the Russian River, has provided a spiritual home for countless Orthodox Christians.
- Annual Pilgrimage to Fort Ross 2014
The annual diocesan pilgrimage to Fort Ross, located 11 miles north of Jenner, CA, will take place on Memorial Day, May 26, 2014.
- The Diocesan Journal "Spiritual Spring"
Just over a year ago a new journal appeared – “Spiritual Spring” – the official printed organ of the Western American Diocese. "Spiritual Spring" is a periodical addressed not only to members of the Orthodox faith but anyone interested in learning more about Russia's spiritual heritage.
- Sts. Cyril & Athanasius Institute First Pilgrimage
The Sts. Cyril and Athanasius Institute for Orthodox Studies is delighted to announce that registration is OPEN NOW for our Pilgrimage to the Orthodox Sites of the UK, from 2nd-11th September 2014. There are only 15 places available.
- Banquet Commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the Canonization of St. John of Shanghai and San Franciso
Reservations for the banquet held on Sunday June 29 commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the Canonization of Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco the Wonderworker are now available.
- The Myrrh-streaming «Iveron-Hawaiian» Icon of the Most Holy Theotokos Visits Monasteries and Churches in the Land of Georgia
The Myrrh-streaming «Iveron-Hawaiian» Icon of the Most Holy Theotokos, a great miracle of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, whose home is in our Western American Diocese, is visiting the Land of Georgia from May 6th to May ...
- Russian Orthodox Church Musician’s Conference to be hosted in Santa Rosa, CA
The 23rd Russian Orthodox Church Musician’s Conference will be hosted by Saints Peter and Paul Church in beautiful Santa Rosa, CA, from October 8th to 12th, 2014.